Tree Groundsman Responsibilities:
- Carrying out all maintenance duties allocated by the Foreman.
- Understanding and carrying out verbal and written instructions.
- Assisting Arborists with tree removals, pruning, and debris disposals.
- Learning techniques and the proper use of tools from senior or more experienced crew members.
- Safely using tools and equipment like chippers and chainsaws to carry out maintenance tasks.
- Ensuring all sites are kept clean and free of hazards.
- Inspecting equipment and tools and performing repairs and maintenance when required.
- Using the appropriate gear and observing safety protocols.
- Reporting any issues or safety hazards to the Foreman or other relevant parties.
- Adhering to company and environmental regulations at all times.
Tree Groundsman Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous work experience as a Tree Groundsman or similar.
- Good physical strength, fitness, vision, and hearing.
- The ability to climb, stand, walk, kneel, and stoop.
- The ability to transport heavy items.
- Excellent balance and depth perception.
- Superb communication skills.
- The ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- The willingness to work during unfavorable weather conditions.
- A positive attitude.
Location: Christiansburg, VA