Full Job Description
- Knowledgeable about the daily maintenance and safe operation of all equipment commonly used in tree care.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must have valid first aid certification or be willing to obtain one.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of all knots, ropes and rigging devices used in tree trimming and removal operations.
- Must know and understand all approved operating procedures that apply to aerial lifts.
- Must be familiar with electrical hazards, appropriate operating procedures when in proximity to electrical conductors and aerial techniques in the event of an emergency aloft.
- Must successfully complete a performance review.
- Must be able to work and maneuver at considerable heights under varying and sometimes adverse weather conditions.
- Must possess physical strength and agility, good balance, good depth perception and the ability to hear verbal instructions from a distance.
- Must be able to operate a bucket truck including positioning the truck and operating outriggers, and using the controls.
- Report to office punctually each day prepared to work a full day.
- Assist in preparing truck and materials needed for day’s work.
- Shall perform professional tree maintenance activities.
- Shall help to maintain and keep track of all tools and/or equipment used in daily operation.
- Shall perform pretrip inspections on equipment.
- Shall constantly observe and practice aerial lift and tree maintenance skills in a continued effort to improve his own professional skills.
- Shall use all equipment and perform all jobs safely, making accident prevention a part of daily conduct.
- Shall be ready and willing to assist other crew members in all aspects of daily activities and shall be capable of taking a leadership role when required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Tree Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bucket truck: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Christiansburg VA