Structural defects in your tree that can lead to failure are not always visible, especially those inside the tree or beneath the ground. This may require tree service including tree removal or tree disease remediation.
Assessing tree risk requires a fundamental knowledge of tree structure and physiology. Some tree risk include:
- Basal rot- Located in the lower trunk and/or base of the tree.
- Structural root decay usually develops from the bottom upward, and visible symptoms may or may not be visible.
- The presence of certain insects can indicate decay. Carpenter ants are usually associated with decayed wood within the tree. It is more common to see carpenter ant pilings at the base of a tree or at the location of decay.
- Mushrooms at the base of the tree or along major roots indicate internal decay.
- Sap wood rot- The bark will show numerous small fruiting bodies along the surface this is very dangerous because the interior portion of the tree may be dead.
These are just a few risks that trees under go and risk that my lead to failure and damage of property.
To get a full evaluation of potential tree service or tree disease needs, call All Natural Tree Experts and protect your investments.